- MPUSP welcomes outstanding young scientists from all over the world to complete a PhD thesis in the fields of microbiology, genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry and infection biology.
- Doctoral students at MPUSP benefit from a competitive, interactive and dynamic environment where they can develop their research with a high degree of scientific freedom while being offered support and encouragement of senior scientists.
- Doctoral students as well as their junior and senior colleagues are encouraged to take an active part in the organization and development of the life of the institute, notably through their engagement in scientific and social networking, events and activities.
- Doctoral students at MPUSP are enrolled in international doctoral programmes in Berlin or Hannover. These PhD programmes provide an excellent research environment and infrastructure for outstanding young scientists from around the world, including interdisciplinary training in microbiology and infectious diseases, an excellent training and teaching environment, state-of-the-art research facilities, and mentorship by world-renowned scientists.
- Doctoral students currently working at MPUSP are affiliated with the Graduate School of Natural Sciences (GRANAT) of the Leibniz University Hannover (PhD degree awarded by Leibniz University Hannover).
Would you like to join MPUSP as a graduate student?
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents in attachment:
- Cover letter
- Short summary of research interests
- Scans of university (incl. Master) certificates
- References from or contact details of three referees
- For open positions of graduate students at MPUSP, click here.
- ZIBI, The Interdisciplinary Center of Infection Biology and Immunity Graduate School Berlin
- Graduate School of Charité University Hospital Berlin
- GRANAT, The Graduate School for Natural Sciences of Leibniz University Hannover
- Charité University Hospital Berlin
- Humboldt University Berlin
- Leibniz University Hannover
- IMPRS-IDI, International Max Planck Research School for Infectious Diseases and Immunity Berlin
- IMPRS, International Max Planck Research Schools
- Max Planck PhDnet